Re: [INTERFACES] Type mappings

От Alex Verstak
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Type mappings
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
tomas@aura.de wrote:
> Obe of the things squile tries is to transform the database
> types into native language types.
>
> For PostgreSQL this would imply looking things up in the
> pg_types table and figuring out what to do.
> - jdbc looks the type name (via the oid, as given by PQftype())
>   and decides based on that. The result is cached (which to me
>   looks a bit problematic, since the contents of the table could
>   change at run time, but I may be too pedantic here ;)
 Types don't change too often.  Not often enough to hurt the UI's anyway, which is what JDBC is for.  On the other
hand,speed gain from caching type information is significant.

> It would be interesting to write up a type mapper which could be
> of some more general utility (no idea whether this would be
> feasible at all). I'd be willing to give it a try.
 It is a useful thing.  E.g. my project needs conversion between SDDF, SQL, (restricted form of) Prolog, and Jess
(don'task why--it's a long story).  I would definitely appreciate a generic type mapper.  It is feasible too.  My
chickenscratch has worked so far. :)

> I would appreciate any pointers in this directions.
 JDBC source has the queries you need.  PostgreSQL manual decribes the types.  It's just a matter of sitting down and
writinga pretty wrapper/converter.  =alex

От: Ed Loehr
Сообщение: [INTERFACES] Re: [DELIVERY FAILURE: User laszlo_acs (laszlo_acs@cms.state.il.us)...
От: tomas@aura.de
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Type mappings