Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?  (Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> It is all working GREAT.  Better than 6.5 (in which case the referential
> actions have to be removed anyway, of course), in fact.  I've had no
> problems with the new datetime stuff, which was of particular concern
> to me because the toolkit is full of queries to grab information from
> the last week, since your last visit to the website, to update robot
> detection tables, to send e-mail alerts to folks who request them daily
> or weekly (similar to majordomo digests), to update the database's view
> of the site's static content, to build reports on usage of the site,
> etc etc.  Certain bug fixes really make the port work cleaner, the
> "group by" fix (to return no rows if no groups exist) in particular.
>
> Even pg_dump works, though I had to modify a couple of views in order
> to get them reload correctly.  If I sound like I was a bit nervous of
> pg_dump it has to do with those nearly 500 foreign keys I mentioned.
>
> Anyway, from my POV it sure feels like it should be a very solid beta.
> I've not run across anything causing me to want to switch back to 6.5.

You can thank our may testers, and Tom Lane, who is fixing things like
crazy.  Tom has fixed more PostgreSQL bugs than anyone else in the
history of our development.

Though bug fixing is not a glorious job, without reliability, we are
useless.

Thanks, Tom.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?