Re: [HACKERS] function question yet again

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] function question yet again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 04:29:25PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> SPI is the recommended interface for server-side addon code, I think.

Okay, I see. That means my try to use ECPG to create a function is not
supposed to work. Gheez, I would have liked it.

> Bear in mind that libpq is not present in the backend.  If you load
> a library containing your code + libpq and then try to do something
> via libpq, what will happen is that libpq will contact the postmaster,
> fire up a new backend, and send all your queries to that other backend.
> Probably not quite what you had in mind, and I could imagine it leading
> to deadlock problems against your own backend.  (But I don't see why it
> would cause the particular error Michael is complaining of; that still
> looks like it might be a newline-versus-carriage-return kind of bug.)

Right. Since the function does only a select and noone else is working on
that database it shouldn't deadlock either.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!