IBM sues Informix over DB patents

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема IBM sues Informix over DB patents
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Anyone see this little news item? It showed up in my
paper copy of InfoWorld today.

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/02/14/000214hnpatent.xml

It caught my eye, and I'm forwarding it here, since Informix's Universal
DB now incorporates the old Illustra code. Since stepping on patents
has always been one of the open source software nightmare scenarios,
it's be nice to know which patents are involved.

(BTW, I was checking out Informix's DataBlade technology: turns out it's
just like pgsql's user extensible types and functions, with pretty PR
and training tools - and a little better integration packaging. The basic
API is so similar, I woudn't be suprised if it's a direct descendant)

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer