Re: [GENERAL] Re:PostgreSQL and PHP

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re:PostgreSQL and PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Your main problem appears to be with the following
line:
<form method='PUT' action='contactus.html'>
I don't know what the book was trying to do exactly,
but the action MUST be pointed at a file that can
handle the data, ie a PHP file. Also, do not use the
mthod='put', it is not part of the HTML 4.01
specification (
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.1
links to the specification i am talking about ).

Here is my suggestion:

<form method="POST" action="yourfile.php3">

where 'yourfile.php3' is a valid, existing filename
that will be processed by PHP ( usually requires a
'.php3' or a '.phtml' extension, but that is usually
configurable ).

'POST' could be changed to 'GET', but it puts the data
in the url and might not work with all browsers if you
have a LOT of data (most new browsers will allow a
lot, so this isn't much of a  concern).

Hope it works. Try using this stuff in it's most
simple form before you start trying to integrate all
your knowledge.

-Jeff Davis

PS: as for the PHP comments in the html, that was just
wrong of the author.