Re: [HACKERS] Another nasty cache problem

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Another nasty cache problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The killer query was:

select crsids.surname,"tblPerson"."Surname" from crsids,"tblPerson" where crsids.usn="tblPerson"."USN"::int4;

and the reason for the SIGSEGV, is that somehow, text_int4(text *string) in
src/backend/utils/adt/int.c is called with string=(text *)0x0, so obviously
this is a problem!

crsids.usn is integer, "tblPerson"."USN" is varchar(9).

Oddly enough, text_int4 is called from fmgr.c:136 which is in the case
statement for n_arguments=2, yet that should be 1

(gdb) print {FmgrInfo}0x8221a30
$4 = {fn_addr = 0x80f9dbc <text_int4>, fn_plhandler = 0, fn_oid = 1620,  fn_nargs = 1}

unless gdb is reporting the wrong line number. values->data[0]=0=string.

I have a backtrace and a pretty printed copy of the query tree if useful...

Still trying to make a small test case...

Any suggestions appreciated!

Cheers,

Patrick

(source of 31st Jan)