Re: [HACKERS] make_ctags script

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make_ctags script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 01:34:48PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have a question about the make_ctags script in the src/tools
> > directory. What are the -d  and -t flags to ctags supposed to do?
> > My version of ctags:
> >
> > wallace$ ctags --version
> > Exuberant Ctags 3.2.4, by Darren Hiebert <darren@hiebert.com>
>
> BSD ctags has:
>
>      -d      create tags for #defines that don't take arguments; #defines that
>              take arguments are tagged automatically.
>
>      -t      create tags for typedefs, structs, unions, and enums.

Ah, O.K. then: Exuberant Ctags does all these by default. Just wanted
to make sure I wan't missing anything.

Slightly off topic: While going through the current source, comparing
to Mariposa, I've seen little traces of old code: some ideas seem to
have been reinvented and reimplemented a number of times. Going back
and digging into Postgres95, and the last postquel based release,
postgres-v4r2, to see how they were implemented, it's been fun seeing
"debate/design by comment block" from some of the original university
developers. In particular, one block with a 12 line NOOOOOO! in
backend/commands/version.c had me rolling on the floor. Ah, I see it lives
on in _deadcode. In general, the functional comments in the current code
are more informative, but not as much fun ;-)

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer