Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is a Call For Hackers:
>
> Some time ago, I floated a little discussion on this list about doing
> some distributed database work with PostgreSQL. The project got back
> burnered at work, but now has a timeline for needing a solution "this
> summer."  Recent discussions on this list about Postgres's historical
> object roots got me back to the Berkeley db sites, and reminded me about
> Mariposa, which is Stonebraker's take on distributed DBs.
>
> http://s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:8000:8000/mariposa/

I have looked at the code.  I have files that show all the diffs they
made to it and they have some new files.  It was hard for me to see what
they were doing.  Looks like they hacked up the executor and put in some
translation layer to talk to some databroker.  It seems like an awfully
complicated way to do it.  I would not bother getting it to run, but
figure out what they were trying to do, and why, and see how we can
implement it.  My guess is that they had one central server for each
table, and you went to that server to get information.

Pennsylvania19026