Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 11:44:14PM +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> "Ross J. Reedstrom" wrote:
> >

> > Anyone else interested, I'm using the tarball from:
> >
> > ftp://epoch.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/mariposa/src/alpha-1/mariposa-alpha-1.tar.gz
> >

> Is mariposa licence compatible with ours ?

It better be, it's the same license ;-) That is, Mariposa is a branch off
the Postgres95 tree. Actually, it's a good question: the PG95 license
would have let them put just about any license on Mariposa they wanted.

After running both COPYRIGHT files throught fmt, here's the diff output:

wallace$ diff COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT.pgsql
1c1,2
< Mariposa Distributed Data Base Management System
---
> PostgreSQL Data Base Management System (formerly known as Postgres,
> then as Postgres95).
3c4
< Copyright (c) 1994-6 Regents of the University of California
---
> Copyright (c) 1994-7 Regents of the University of California
21d21
<
wallace$

So, it is word for word the PostgreSQL license.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer