Re: [HACKERS] Need confirmation of "Posix time standard" on FreeBSD

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Need confirmation of "Posix time standard" on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote: >Someone mentioned recently that a timezone style of "GMT+0800" was on >their FreeBSD machine as
anallowed time zone, that its behavior was >the same as the usual ISO8601 timezone of "-0800", and that this >conformed
tosome sort of Posix standard. > >I had posted patches for this, and have just modified the patch to be >cleaner and
morerobust. > >Before committing this (or at least before completing our upcoming >beta period), I'd like confirmation
thatthis actually matches >expected behavior for a machine implementing a "GMT+0800" (or similar) >time zone, and that
itis indeed a Posix standard? Anyone?? >

This seems to be the case for me.

Debian GNU/Linux, using libc6 version 2.1.2:

linda:olly $ date
Sun Feb  6 23:55:52 GMT 2000
linda:olly $ TZ=GMT+8
linda:olly $ date
Sun Feb  6 15:56:26 GMT 2000
linda:olly $ TZ=posix/Etc/GMT+8
linda:olly $ date
Sun Feb  6 15:59:22 GMT+8 2000

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift
up,ye      everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come      in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and
   mighty, the LORD mighty in battle."                                             Psalms 24:7,8