Re: [HACKERS] Copyright

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Copyright
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 12:07:45AM -0500, Mike Mascari wrote:
> > Yes, you can sell Mostgress. That's one of the problems with a BSD type
> > license. That's why may use GPL for there open source projects.                       ^^^

Should have been 'many'. :-)

> Some of us view this the other way around....using anything GPL can "infect"
> any product which may be putting the food on the programmer's table....What do
> we care if someone else out there is making money off of, say,
> "Mostgress"...good for them. Letting people do whatever the devil they want, it
> seems to me, is the as free as free can get. :-)

I can understand and tolerate both reasonings. That's why I do some of my
open source work under BSD (ecpg) and other under GPL (watchdog).

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!

От: Dmitry Samersoff
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres LOGO(was: Beta is February 15th)