Re: pg_dump possible fix, need testers. (was: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump disaster)

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: pg_dump possible fix, need testers. (was: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump disaster)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [000122 22:17] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> > I really hope the originator of the problem report will get back to
> > us to make sure it's settled.
>
> > *poking Patrick Welche*
>
> Um, I didn't have any trouble at all reproducing Patrick's complaint.
> pg_dump any moderately large table (I used tenk1 from the regress
> database) and try to load the script with psql.  Kaboom.

Can you try it on sources from before my initial patches were
applied, and from before the initial non-blocking connections
patches from Ewan Mellor were applied?

>From my point of view none of my code should be affecting those that
don't explicitly use PQsetnonblocking(), which is nothing besides
the application i'm developing in-house.

I'm currently investigating that possibility.

thanks,
-Alfred

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] char_length()?