Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems on Solaris

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter -
If you're going to look at the id for initdb, please consider the
NT port as well. This may be more of a problem with cygwin than pgsql,
but pg_id didn't work correctly, and I had to hack on the initdb script
to get it to to run, with a 6.5.3 install, recently.

Ross

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 12:18:11PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Keith Parks wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I know that the whole "id" thing in initdb is a can of worms.
> > We have pg_id but we don't want to use it, every system has
> > a different version/variety of whoami/"who am i"/id.
> >
> > We don't need/want to use the unix ID of the user, but we do
> > when we can. The whole thing is a mess!!
>
> Can you be more specific in regards to what doesn't work, what needs
> fixing, etc.?

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer