Re: [HACKERS] multi-byte support broken in current

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] multi-byte support broken in current
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Further investigation showed that header files where indeed missing in
> some files, in particular the regex code. Is that what was broken? I fixed
> that now and removed all the MBFLAGS business. Every file should include
> "postgres.h", so it grabs the #define MULTIBYTE 1 from include/config.h.
> If you got any more problems with this, let me know and I'll help fix it.

I did not see such a problem. I just saw -DMULTIBYTE was missing and
thought MB was broken (that was a misunderstanding). Anyway I have
done a cvs up and seen your fixes working well.

> Btw., I tried running the multibyte regression tests, that didn't work so
> well.

Yes, the regression test (src/test/regress) does not work with
SQL_ASCII because test cases for it is missing in sql/. However, I'm
not certain now including the multibyte test cases in the regression
test suite is a good thing. Maybe src/test/mb is only the right place
for MB and we should remove MB stuffs from the regression.

BTW, src/test/mb tests are broken due to the changes of psql output.

euc_jp .. CREATE DATABASE
ok
sjis .. ok
euc_kr .. CREATE DATABASE
failed
euc_cn .. CREATE DATABASE
failed
euc_tw .. CREATE DATABASE
failed
big5 .. failed
unicode .. CREATE DATABASE
failed
mule_internal .. CREATE DATABASE
failed

I have fixed for EUC_JP and SJIS cases and am going to fix rest of
them.  But reading files written in languages that I never understand
is really hard:-)
--
Tatsuo Ishii