psql and COPY

От Oliver Elphick
Тема psql and COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter, there seem to be problems with the COPY statement when psql is run
with redirected stdin.

If I have a file ${DUMPDIR}/dbdump.product containing:

COPY product FROM stdin;
05 \N 000000   \N \N S  D9 t  f  f  f  POLY BAGS-BLACK      .        Single   f
\.

and I run this command:
psql -e -d bray < ${DUMPDIR}/dbdump.product

no error messages are seen.

If I remove the COPY command from the file and run the COPY frpm inside
psql, I see the errors:

bray=> copy product from '/tmp/dbdump.product';
ERROR:  <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key referenced from
product not found in brandname

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is
withme,     to give every man according as his work shall be."                                  Revelation 22:12