Re: [HACKERS] flex

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: [HACKERS] flex
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 09:13:03PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> This puzzles me a bit still, but it seems to work. GNU suggests putting
> yacc and lex files in distributions, so I can't imagine why they would do
> that if you need to have lib[f]l.a anyway.
>
> $ nm /usr/lib/libfl.a
>
> libmain.o:
> 00000000 t gcc2_compiled.
> 00000000 T main
>          U yylex
>
> libyywrap.o:
> 00000000 t gcc2_compiled.
> 00000000 T yywrap

I think those are defaults for the case where you just have a lex file, but
didn't bother with defining a main() after the last %% eg:

%%
A       putchar('b');
%%

When linked with -lfl, you get an executable. In the postgresql case, life
is more complicated and the parser calls yylex rather than a fake main(), so
-lfl isn't needed.

Cheers,

Patrick