Re: [HACKERS] TODO list

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * User who can create databases can modify pg_database table
>
> Not anymore.

Done.  Good.

> * Interlock to prevent DROP DATABASE on a database with running backends
>
> I think Tom wanted this listed as an achievement, because it's already
> done.

Done.

> * Better interface for adding to pg_group
>
> Done.

Yes.  I can remove the pg_group FAQ item after 7.0 is out to most
people.

> * Allow array on int8[]
>
> Done. (Credit to Thomas, thought, he just forgot to apply the patch.)

Good.

> * Make Absolutetime/Relativetime int4 because time_t can be int8 on some
> ports
>
> Does this mean the abstime/reltime types or all of them?  I thought the
> former were deprecated anyway.

I think the idea is that it can roll over the mac int4 value.  Not sure
about which types are active.

> * Permissions on indexes, prevent them?
>
> Done (prevented)

Good.

> * Make postgres user have a password by default
>
> Done. (--pwprompt option, enter it blind twice, echo ALTER USER |
> postgres; probably as secure as it gets)

Perfect.  We don't want to do it by default.

> * Update table SET table.value = 3 fails(SQL standard says this is OK)
>
> Not the standard I'm looking at. Someone please enlighten me.
>
>          <update statement: searched> ::=
>            UPDATE <table name>
>              SET <set clause list>
>                [ WHERE <search condition> ]
>
>          <set clause list> ::=
>
>          <set clause> ::=
>
>          <object column> ::= <column name>
>
>          <column name> ::= <identifier>
>
>          <identifier> ::=
>
>          <introducer> ::= <underscore>
>
>          <character set specification> ::=
>         { nothing of interest }
>
>          <actual identifier> ::=
>                 <regular identifier>
>               | <delimited identifier>
>
>     { meaning a non-quoted identifier or a quoted one }

I don't see anything in the spec that says you can use table.column on
the left-hand side of the equals.  No?

Pennsylvania19026