FreeBSD postgresql doc-HOWTO was: Re: [HACKERS] Revised nonblocking patches + quasi docs

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема FreeBSD postgresql doc-HOWTO was: Re: [HACKERS] Revised nonblocking patches + quasi docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> [000114 19:42] wrote:
> > 'course I run freebsd. :)  I even have the docproj port installed,
> > however it seems that there's some things missing here, (see the
> > end of this message).
> > Perhaps someone can offer a step-by-step to building _postgresql's_
> > doc files, or maybe there's a machine out there where this will
> > build properly and someone can give me an account on it?
>
> You are probably very near having something working.

Yes, I can feel it, I just ran to the store to pick up the goat blood
and candles. :)

With the help of a friend Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven, one of
the FreeBSD'doc folks I got it working here's what I needed to do:

install the textproc/docproj and textproc/docbook from /usr/ports,
maybe more packages are needed (dsssl-docbook-modular, dtd-catalogs),
i was installing everything hoping to get it to work...

setup my enviornment... (this ought to be mentioned in the docs)

export SMGL_ROOT=/usr/local/share/sgml
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/share/sgml/jade/catalog
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/share/sgml/html/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/share/sgml/iso8879/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/share/sgml/transpec/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/catalog:$SGML_CATALOG_FILES
export SGML_CATALOG_FILES

then in the pgsql/doc/src dir:

gmake all \HSTYLE=/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/html/
\PSTYLE=/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/print/\

wait a good long time...

viola.

Ok, I should have the docs for my code along with some help for
hapless FreeBSD users trying to work on this stuff in a bit.

I guess this means that Marc can't weasel his way out of doing
documentation anymore, or was that the point all along? :)

Btw, does anyone have some fixes so gvim doesn't barf doing syntax
highlighting on these sgml files?

-Alfred