Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Yes, OUTER is an Informix-ism.  Oracle uses *=.  I think the first is
> > easier to add and makes more sense for us.  *= could be defined by
> > someone as an operator, and overloading our already complex operator
> > code to do *= for OUTER may be too complex for people to understand.
> >
> > It would be:
> >
> >     SELECT *
> >     FROM tab1, OUTER tab2
> >     WHERE tab1.col1 = tab2.col2
>
> What about >2 table joins?  Wish I had my book here, but I though tyou
> could do multiple OUTER joins, no?
    SELECT *    FROM tab1, OUTER tab2, OUTER tab3    WHERE tab1.col1 = tab2.col2 AND      tab1.col3 = tab3.col3

My assumption is that you can't join tab2 to tab3 becaue tab2 is already
outer, but I don't know.

Pennsylvania19026

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with InformixSQL