persistent JDBC connections with a daemon

От Eric Frazier
Тема persistent JDBC connections with a daemon
Дата
Re: persistent JDBC connections with a daemon  (Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I have a very small Java application that connects to a remote host's DB and
does a simple query. I don't want to install a big framwork like Tomcat just
to do this one task, but it is pretty slow as it is running though a CGI
wrapper, and the startup time of the JVM is pretty noticeable.

I do know that there is a daemon tools project from the Jakarta project, and
that there is also a Posix libary for Java. But I can't seem to find an
example of anyone acutlay using those to make a java daemon. The whole
reason I am using Java at all is because of JDBC, I tend to think that Java
itself can take a flying leap, except that I just drool over JDBC, love it,
love it! So if any of you have any pointers or URLs that would be great.

Thanks,

Eric

(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant