What do you think?

От Terry Jarrard
Тема What do you think?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello everyone.
I've tried to do alot of research on PostgreSQL.  And first off, it looks nice.
I've looked through all the FAQ's I can find, ditto on the archives, and
I've got a couple of question for you.

I am really interested in peoples personal opinions.  you can email me
directly at jarrard@webzone.net or AE-Kamylon@aephirsden.com
The more replies, the better we will feel with going this route.

1.  In an overall basis how do you like PostgreSQL?

2.  I am an ORACLE developer.  And I've been looking into PostgreSQL as an
alternitive to ORACLE for a company I'm working for.  The DBA we have have
has been an ORACLE DBA for a while.  So the question is, how much of a
difference will this be to us?

3.  We are also curious as to the load the database can handle?  Is it on
par with Oracle?

4.  I know there are tools for PostgreSQL at ZEOS.  But we were curious if
there are any (or any other) tools for dba's to maintain and tune the db?