Re: emit recovery stats via a new file or a new hook

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: emit recovery stats via a new file or a new hook
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 10, 2021, at 2:51 PM, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 12:30 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I'm not sure that the new log messages aren't sufficient. But if they
> aren't, it seems better to keep additional data in the stats system, and
> make them visible via views, rather than adding yet another place to
> keep stats.

For this, the analytic tools/users whoever wants to know the recovery
stats, will have to make connections to the database which might eat
up the total connections. Instead, the postgres emitting the stats via
a hook will be more promising. Thoughts?
A connection is the defacto interface for accessing Postgres statistics, no?
The monitoring tools have already an interface to gather database metrics via
SQL.

You are proposing to create a new way that all tools need to implement.  It
seems more effort than it's worth. +1 for storing this data into the stats
system.

--
Euler Taveira