Re: Help? Unexpected PostgreSQL compilation failure using generic compile script

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Help? Unexpected PostgreSQL compilation failure using generic compile script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/12/23 14:43, Martin Goodson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> For reasons I won't bore you with, we compile PostgreSQL from source
> rather than use the standard packages for some of our databases.
>

> So a fairly basic script that has been used for years suddenly fails on
> a fairly generic RHEL 7.9 server.
>
> I am no compilation expert. Obviously. Have I mised something basic? As
> I said, we've not seen problems like this before. Could there be some
> sort of issue on the box's configuration? If it works for root but not
> our usual build user could there be a user config with our account? Can
> anyone offer any insight on what I need to check? At the moment it all
> seems somewhat ... mystifying.

SELinux issues?

Have you looked at the system logs to see if they shed any light?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Martin Goodson
Сообщение: Re: Help? Unexpected PostgreSQL compilation failure using generic compile script