Re: transactional shared variable in postgresql

От imad
Тема Re: transactional shared variable in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Check this one
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2004-04/msg00280.php

I have not personally worked on what is described in this page but someone will
correct you in the community if anything is going wrong here.

--Imad
www.EnterpriseDB.com

On 11/19/06, Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com> writes:
> > > In our webapps, we use the same username to connect to the database
> > > for all kind of updates. Hence we are not able to makeout whoo modified
> > > what . However at application level we have different "userid" for
> different
> > > users of the system. we want to somehow pass this "userid"  to the
> databasee
> > > server  and accesss it from the triggers that implement the audit
> functions.
> >
> > Perhaps it would be better to make your "userid" be the actual database
> > user?  But anyway, the custom GUC variable facility might serve your
>
> Hi,
>
> wouldnt' it affect the connection pooling , i am using DBI::Cache and
> mod_perl ?
>
> > needs.
> >
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config-custom.html
>

> i dont think i understand the usage properly,
>
>  i did the below postgresql.conf
> custom_variable_classes = 'general'             # list of custom variable
> class names
> general.employee = ''
>
> am i supposed to see the variable general.employee when i do "show all " ?
> i did not see it in fact!
>
> my question is how can i set it and read it
>
> regds
> Mallah.
>

> >                         regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: