Re: BUG #16199: pg_restore stuck on interrupts

От Raúl Marín
Тема Re: BUG #16199: pg_restore stuck on interrupts
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 8/1/20 18:13, Tom Lane wrote:

> You didn't actually say, but you must be interrupting parallel restores
> with SIGINT or the like?

Yes, CI (Jenkins) is interrupted automatically with new pushes and
that's supposed to send a SIGTERM to the process group, which includes
the pg_restore process.

> sigTermHandler tries to be safe to run in a signal context, but I'm
> afraid we didn't think hard about what exit() might call.  The way
> I'd be inclined to fix this is to call _exit() instead of exit(),
> and the heck with what any atexit handlers think.  Can you try that
> and see if it improves matters for you?

Initially I didn't like this idea since that means not cleaning up
gnutls stuff, and modifying things related to crypto is always scary;
but following the same reasoning, I trust that any good cryto library
shouldn't leak anything important due to a fast exit.

I'll set up some of the servers to use _exit() for some days and see if
that fixes it.

Thanks!
Raúl Marín.