Re: Define jsonpath functions as stable

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Define jsonpath functions as stable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/16/19 6:39 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> My main question is "where" -- I'm thinking somewhere in the JSON
> path[2] section. After reading your email 3 times, I may have enough
> knowledge to attempt some documentation on the regexp in JSON path.

Here is said attempt to document. Notes:

- I centered it around the specification for LIKE_REGEX, which uses
XQuery, but primarily noted where our implementation of POSIX regex's
differs from what is specified for LIKE_REGEX vis-a-vis XQuery

- I put the pith of the documentation in a subsection off of "POSIX
regular expressions"

- I noted that LIKE_REGEX is specified in SQL:2008, which I read on the
Internet(tm) but was not able to confirm in the spec as I do not have a copy

- For my explanation about the "x" flag differences, I talked about how
we extended it, but I could not capture how Tom described the nuances above.

- From the SQL/JSON path docs, I added a section on regular expressions
stating what the behavior is, and referring back to the main regex docs

- I removed the "x" flag being supported for like_regex in JSON path

I also presume it needs a bit of wordsmithing / accuracy checks, but
hope it's a good start and does not require a massive rewrite.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения