Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

От Joel Jacobson
Тема Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022, at 20:12, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>I cannot imagine how the "window" keyword can work in SQL context. In Javascript "window" is an object - it is not a keyword, and it makes sense in usual Javascript context inside HTML browsers.

I was thinking since Javascript is by far the most known programming language, the "window" word would be familiar and easy to remember, but I agree, it's not perfect.

Hm, "values" would be nice, it's reserved in SQL:2016 [1] and in DB2/Mimer/MySQL/Oracle/SQL Server/Teradata [2], but unfortunately not in PostgreSQL [1], so perhaps not doable.

Syntax:

values.[schema name].[variable name]