Re: sequence data type

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: sequence data type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/09/16 06:41, Vik Fearing wrote:
> On 08/31/2016 06:22 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Here is a patch that adds the notion of a data type to a sequence.  So
>> it might be CREATE SEQUENCE foo AS integer.  The types are restricted to
>> int{2,4,8} as now.
> This patch does not apply cleanly to current master (=600dc4c).

Must admit I first thought of: "2, 4, 8, who do we appreciate!"

MORE SERIOUSLY:

Would a possibly future expansion be to include numeric?

Of hand, I can't see any value for using other than integers of 2, 4, &
8 bytes (not a criticism! - may simply be a failure of imagination on my
part).

I am curious as to the use cases for other possibilities.

Cheers,
Gavin