Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql

От Martin Tedjawardhana
Тема Re: Increasing RAM for more than 4 Gb. using postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Is that 4GB limit a hardware limitation? If it is, then there is not
much you can do except upgrading the server. If the server is capable
of handling more than 4GB of ram then you can just upgrade the kernel
and enable high memory support (up to 64GB of memory in kernel 2.6.9).
There is no need to migrate your distro, but if you do I recommend
upgrading your Pgsql too.

Martin