Re: Extension for PostgreSQL cast jsonb to hstore WIP

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Extension for PostgreSQL cast jsonb to hstore WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-04-02 Tu 11:43, ShadowGhost wrote:
At the moment, this cast supports only these structures, as it was enough for my tasks
{str:numeric}
{str:str}
{str:bool}
{str:null}
But it's a great idea and I'll think about implementing it.

Please don't top-post on the PostgreSQL lists. See <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists#Email_etiquette_mechanics>

I don't think a cast that doesn't cater for all the forms json can take is going to work very well. At the very least you would need to error out in cases you didn't want to cover, and have tests for all of those errors. But the above is only a tiny fraction of those. If the error cases are going to be so much more than the cases that work it seems a bit pointless.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan