Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le 11/12/2023 à 10:12, Thomas Munro a écrit :
> 3.  smgrreadv/smgrwritev patch:
>
>   * improved ENOSPC handling
>   * improve description of EOF and ENOSPC handling
>   * fixed the sizes reported in dtrace static probes
>   * fixed some words in the docs about that
>   * changed error messages to refer to "blocks %u..%u"
>
> 4.  smgrprefetch-with-nblocks patch has no change, hasn't drawn any
> comments hopefully because it is uncontroversial.
>
> I'm planning to commit these fairly soon.

Thanks, very useful additions.
Not sure what you have already done to come next...

I have 2 smalls patches here:
* to use range prefetch in pg_prewarm (smgrprefetch only at the moment,
using smgrreadv to come next).
* to support nblocks=0 in smgrprefetch (posix_fadvise supports a len=0
to apply flag from offset to end of file).

Should I add to commitfest ?
---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Expertise, Support, Training, R&D