Re: JDBC Meta-data performance for Foreign Keys

От Mark Rotteveel
Тема Re: JDBC Meta-data performance for Foreign Keys
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 02-10-2021 08:29, ldh@laurent-hasson.com wrote:
> Lots of code refactoring on our end, but it was worth it as the results are quite good with a ~70% improvement!
>
> The only gotcha is what I tried to also optimize the calls for indices, I was surprised that the jdbc method
DatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo()doesn't take a table pattern like other "getXXXInfo" methods. For now we have decent
performance,so dropping to a custom query to optimize indices is something we can do later.

>    pre-optimization
>    ==========================================
>    [..]
>    Total: 19,667.00ms
>

>    post-optimization
>    ==========================================
>    [..]
>    Total: 5,809.00ms

I notice that you seem to be requesting views separately. You should be
able to do that in a single call to DatabaseMetaData.getTables together
with retrieving the tables.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

От: "ldh@laurent-hasson.com"
Сообщение: RE: JDBC Meta-data performance for Foreign Keys
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Can't run CREATE PROCEDURE with new Postgres' 14 new SQL-standard body