Re: pg_query transaction: auto rollback? begin or start?? commit or end???

От Bill Wordsworth
Тема Re: pg_query transaction: auto rollback? begin or start?? commit or end???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Chris and Karsten. I still don't quite understand why invalid
state/record-mismatch would also not trigger auto rollback. How can I
even include something *outside* a transaction *inside* it- shouldn't
everything between "begin" and "end" be subject to auto rollback no
matter what?

Also what is the best way to check if transaction is 'read write'
after doing 'pg_query("begin transaction read write;", $connection);'.
pg_transaction_status() doesn't quite do it (read write=?=2).

http://us2.php.net/function.pg_transaction_status
"The status can be PGSQL_TRANSACTION_IDLE (currently idle),
PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE (a command is in progress),
PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INTRANS (idle, in a valid transaction block), or
PGSQL_TRANSACTION_INERROR (idle, in a failed transaction block).
PGSQL_TRANSACTION_UNKNOWN is reported if the connection is bad.
PGSQL_TRANSACTION_ACTIVE is reported only when a query has been sent
to the server and not yet completed."
Cheers, Bill