Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/12/21 3:29 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> Does that recipe get you to a build where ./configure --with-perl succeeds?
>
> I see this here:
>
> checking for Perl archlibexp... /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl
> checking for Perl privlibexp... /usr/share/perl5/core_perl
> checking for Perl useshrplib... true
> checking for CFLAGS recommended by Perl... -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -U__STRICT_ANSI__ -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=x86-64
-mtune=generic-O2 -pipe -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -fstack-protector-strong

> checking for CFLAGS to compile embedded Perl... -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV
> checking for flags to link embedded Perl... no
> configure: error: could not determine flags for linking embedded Perl.
> This probably means that ExtUtils::Embed or ExtUtils::MakeMaker is not
> installed.
>
> If I just include perl.h from a test file with gcc using the above flags it
> fails to compile:

You need to build against a native perl, like Strawberry or ActiveState.
(I have had mixed success with Strawberry) You do that by putting a path
to it at the start of the PATH. The wrinkle in this is that you need
prove to point to one that understands virtual paths. So you do
something like this:

PATH="/c/perl/bin:$PATH" PROVE=/bin/core_perl/prove configure ...

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
От: Ants Aasma
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce