Re: ICU locale validation / canonicalization

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: ICU locale validation / canonicalization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2023-07-01 at 10:31 -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> As of commit b8c3f6d, InstallCheck-C got daticulocale=en-US-u-va-
> posix.  Check
> got daticulocale=NULL.

With the same test setup, that locale takes about 8.6 seconds (opening
it 10M times), about 2.5X slower than "en-US" and about 7X slower than
"und". I think that explains it.

The locale "en-US-u-va-posix" normally happens when passing a locale
beginning with "C" to ICU. After 2535c74b1a we don't get ICU locales
from the environment anywhere, so that should be rare (and probably
indicates a user mistake). I don't think this is a practical problem
any more.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis