Re: Minor documentation error regarding streaming replication protocol

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Minor documentation error regarding streaming replication protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2020-10-08 at 23:17 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> As I said before, it is more raw bytes, but
> we
> don't have an SQL data type for that.

Sorry to jump in to this thread late.

Can't we just set both "filename" and "content" to be BYTEA, but then
set the format code to 1 (indicating binary)?

For clients that do look at the descriptor, they are more likely to get
it right; and for clients that don't look at the descriptor, there will
be no change.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis