Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2007/10/10, Daniel B. Thurman <dant@cdkkt.com>:

> I am finding out for the first time that by having a database created
> with the name: MyTest, I cannot do a simple query as follows:
>
> postgres=# select * from MyTest.public.cars;
> ERROR:  cross-database references are not implemented: "mytest.public.cars"
>
> Notice, however since I created a cars table in the postgres database, I was
> able to do a query:
>
> postgres=# select * from postgres.public.cars ;
>
>  carid |     name     | vendor | type
> -------+--------------+--------+------
>  H1    | Civic        | Honda  | FF
>  N1    | Skyline GT-R | Nissan | 4WD
>  T1    | Supra        | Toyota | FR
>  T2    | MR-2         | Toyota | FF
> (4 rows)
>
> So the problem, it seems that mixed case database names might not be supported
> with pssql?  I have a feeling that the default character set is SQL-ASCII and should be
> changed to something else?  What might that be and how can I change/update the
> character-set (encoding)?

PostgreSQL doesn't support cross-database references, as per the error
message, i.e. you can only perform queries on the current database.
*However*, the syntax works when the named database is the same as one
you're connected to. If you do

\c MyTest
mytest=# select * from MyTest.public.cars;

the query will work (case is not the problem here).

HTH

Ian Barwick

--
http://sql-info.de/index.html

Сообщение: Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?
Сообщение: Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?