Re: Misc. Win32 questions

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Misc. Win32 questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:22:02 -0600 (CST), Andrew Dunstan
<andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Dave Page said:
> > There's actually nothing we can do about it other than really
> > pause the service, which you probably don't want!
> >

> It's a pity that the service manager is so starved of available operations
> that all we could do was to co-opt the pause operation for reload. I suspect
> lots of Windows admins will be surprised by that.

A lot of non-Windows admins too ;-). (Last time I had any real idea of
Windows in an administrative sense it came on floppy disks...)

Would it be an idea to add a reload shortcut alongside the
start / stop shortcuts which are installed in the Windows start menu?
It might make life easier when explaining to end
users how to ensure changes in the config files can be
applied.

Ian Barwick