Re: Transactions in different DB

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Transactions in different DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:22:27 +0100, Stefano Farina
<sfarina.stagedse@akhela.com> wrote:

> Hi all
> I have to develop an embedded database using memory FLASH and memory RAM
> Some tables must be saved in RAM and some tables in FLASH ( RAM and FLASH
> are two different mounted directories in the file system).
> I saw it's possible to save different databases in different directories
> with CREATE DATABASE options.
>
> It's possible to save only some tables in different directories??

Beginning with PostgreSQL 8.0, yes - this provides tablespaces.

> If I want to work with two different databases, it's possible to do  a
> single transaction on two different databases ??

Not AFAIK, though contrib/dblink might be able to help you.

HTH

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Problem installing Postgresql on MDK10.0
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Problem installing Postgresql on MDK10.0