Re: Clean shutdown and warm standby

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Clean shutdown and warm standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> At a normal startup, the checkpoint record would be there as usual. And an
> archive recovery starts at the location indicated by the backup label.
>
> AFAICS calling RequestXLogSwitch() before CreateCheckPoint would be
> equivalent to calling "pg_switch_xlog()" just before shutting down.

That's what I had in mind when writing the patch but I didn't know the
implications of this particular checkpoint.

So moving the call before CreateCheckPoint is what I really intended
now that I have in mind these implications and I don't why it would be
a problem to miss this checkpoint in the logs archived.

--
Guillaume