Re: data loss with pg_standby when doing a controlled failover

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: data loss with pg_standby when doing a controlled failover
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:
> IMHO this should be mentioned in the docs explicitly (I find it quite
> surprising that data can be lost even if the system is shutdown
> correctly), or better when shutting down the postmaster should spit all
> log segments containing all changes when archiving is on so the warm
> standby server can catch up.

See also this thread which might be interesting for you:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/3f0b79eb0903242329j12865d55s348f5c873a956e71@mail.gmail.com

--
Guillaume

От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: data loss with pg_standby when doing a controlled failover