Re: [8.4] Updated WITH clause patch (non-recursive)

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: [8.4] Updated WITH clause patch (non-recursive)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Jan 27, 2008 8:13 PM, Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> wrote:
> (Compare that with the irritation we may well see from the removal of
> implicit casts in 8.3, which will break *far* more applications, for a
> benefit that many users will no doubt find rather hard to observe.)

It's a bit off-topic but I was thinking the same *before* porting a
real application to 8.3. There are cases where it's just annoying to
not have the casts anymore but I find also a bunch of broken
behaviours (interval > int for example) which I'm quite happy to
detect and fix.
But I'm pretty sure we'll have a lot of feedback on this, probably
mostly negative at first.

--
Guillaume