Re: Some ideas about Vacuum

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Some ideas about Vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 16, 2008 7:41 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's going to work too well, though, not without major
> changes at least.

Well, I know it's really not doable with the current behaviour of WAL.
I just wanted to point this feature request because we had it a few
times and having one cluster per database is not really smart and it
wasn't too far from the subject.

> What would happen when you restore a PITR backup of
> just one database? Would the other databases still be there in the
> restored cluster?

In a perfect world, you should be able to trigger the PITR for only
one database of the cluster with the other databases still running.
It's especially interesting on a shared database server.

--
Guillaume