Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2/23/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Also isn't it pretty much *not* a problem with current versions of
> PostgreSQL?

We had a really *big* scalability problem with a quad Xeon MP 2.2 and
PostgreSQL 7.4. The problem is mostly gone since we upgraded to 8.1 a
year ago.

Woodcrest seems to perform really well with PostgreSQL according to
what I can read on the Internet so we will probably change the server
for a dual Woodcrest in a few months.

--
Guillaume

Сообщение: Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Сообщение: Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem