Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
Список pgsql-general
Il 04/07/2017 17:25, Tom Lane ha scritto:
> Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it> writes:
>> Il 04/07/2017 16:51, Tom Lane ha scritto:
>>> Pushing binary data around on Windows is always a hazardous proposition.
>> So what you are saying is "in the last 5 years you've been extremely
>> lucky?" :-)
> Yup, particularly now that you mention moving the files between machines.
> What did you do that with exactly?
Trying to answer your question (I hope I understood correctly, English
is not my mother tongue)
What I do is, given a database, to COPY every table to a file, and then
pack them up in one with a zip (except this table, that's been excluded
from compression for its size and consequent compression time), so my
backup is made up by 2 files, one with "normal data" and one with the
result of COPYing this table to a file.

A question that comes while I'm writing: but pg_dump with custom format
is not using COPY with binary format?

Thanks
Moreno

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size