Re: Using multiple extended statistics for estimates

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Using multiple extended statistics for estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12/5/19 9:51 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 06:15:54PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:

>>> Yes, I'll submit a rebased version of this patch shortly. I got broken
>>> because of the recent fix in choose_best_statistics, shouldn't take long
>>> to update the patch. I do have a couple more related patches in the
>>> queue, so I want to submit them all at once.
>>>

>> OK, here we go - these two patched allow applying multiple extended
>> statistics, both for MCV and functional dependencies. Functional
>> dependencies are simply merged and then applied at once (so withouth
>> choose_best_statistics), statistics are considered in greedy manner by
>> calling choose_best_statistics in a loop.
>>

> OK, this time with the patches actually attached ;-)

These look good to me.  I added extra tests (not included in this email)
to verify the code on more interesting test cases, such as partitioned
tables and within joins.  Your test cases are pretty trivial, just being
selects from a single table.

I'll go mark this "ready for committer".

--
Mark Dilger

Сообщение: Re: proposal: minscale, rtrim, btrim functions for numeric
Сообщение: Re: proposal: minscale, rtrim, btrim functions for numeric