Re: Basebackups reported as idle

От David Steele
Тема Re: Basebackups reported as idle
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Magnus,

On 12/19/17 4:56 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> AFAICT, base backups running on the replication protocol are always
> reported as "idle" in pg_stat_activity. This seems to have been an
> oversight in the "include walsender backends in pg_stat_activity" in 10,
> which does include it for walsenders in general, just not for the ones
> sending base backups. (and was then improved on later with the "include
> all non-standard backends" patch).
>
> Unlike the regular walsender it also has to set it back to IDLE, since
> you can actually finish a base backup without disconnecting.
>
> PFA a patch that fixes this. I think this is bugfix-for-backpatch, I
> don't think it has a large risk of breaking things. Thoughts?

+1 for this being a bug, albeit a minor one.

> Also, in setting this, there is no real way to differentiate between a
> regular walsender and a basebackup walsender, other than looking at the
> wait events. They're both listed as walsenders. Should there be?  (That
> might not be as easily backpatchable, so keeping that as a separate one)

Maybe something like "walsender [backup]" or just "basebackup" since
walsender is pretty misleading?  It think it would be nice to be able to
tell them apart, though I don't think it should be back-patched.  People
might be relying on the name in the current versions.

Thanks!
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: MemoryContextCreate change in PG 11 how should contexts be created
Сообщение: Re: MemoryContextCreate change in PG 11 how should contexts becreated