Re: Fix search_path for all maintenance commands

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Fix search_path for all maintenance commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-10-31 at 13:16 -0400, Isaac Morland wrote:
> Perhaps the search_path for running a maintenance command should be
> the search_path set for the table owner (ALTER ROLE … SET search_path
> …)?

After some thought, I don't think that's the right approach. It adds
another way search path can be changed, which adds to the complexity.

Also, by default it's "$user", public; and given that "public" was
world-writable until recently, that doesn't seem like a good idea for a
change intended to prevent search_path manipulation.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis