Re: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/6/18 7:54 PM, s400t@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> Hello Community!
>
> I am trying to use phpPgAdmin  (ver. 5.1 with PHP 5.6.39, server CentOS
> 7, client Win-10 (Japanese)) to import a tab delimited text file (Excel
> -> save as tab delimited text;  also used notepad to save the same text
> file UTF-8 encoding) .
>
> Earlier. I had created a table (no columns have double quotes, not mixed
> case), for example, like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE spec (
> rec_id VARCHAR(32)PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
> title_category VARCHAR(255),
> doc_type VARCHAR(255),
> etc);
>
> In my tab delimited text file, first row has column names (without "")
> and starting from second row, data, some with double quotes, some with
> comma, some with brackets.
>
> When I uploaded the file for the phpPgAdmin to import, I got the
> following error:
>
> //------------------------------------------------------------------
> ERROR: column "rec_id" of relation "spec" does not exist
> LINE 1: INSERT INTO "public"."spec" ("rec_id","title_c...
> //------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Why that extra "" in the field name? I don't have it in my text file!

Most GUI tools I am familiar with quote identifiers by default.

> How/where can I tell the phpPgAdmin not to add that extra "" around the
> field name?

I don't know. I have been under the impression that phpPgAdmin was no
longer maintained/in use.

You might have more luck here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/phppgadmin/discussion/115884

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI