Re: [HACKERS] btree_gin and btree_gist for enums

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] btree_gin and btree_gist for enums
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] btree_gin and btree_gist for enums  (Anastasia Lubennikova <a.lubennikova@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/26/2017 04:09 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 02/26/2017 03:26 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> This works for the btree_gin case. However, there's a difficulty for
>>> btree_gist - in the puicksplit routine the cmp function is passed to
>>> qsort() so there is no chance to pass it an flinfo to set up the call to
>>> the real comparison routine. Implementing a custom sort routine to work
>>> around the problem seems a bridge too far. I can;t think of an
>>> alternative off hand.
>> We already have qsort_arg ... can't you change it to use that?
>>

> Yes, wasn't aware of that, that looks like exactly what I need. thanks.

OK, here's the whole series of patches.

Patch 1 adds the CallerFInfoFunctionCall{1,2} functions.

Patch 2 adds btree_gist support for their use for non-varlena types

Patch 3 does the same for varlena types (Not required for patch 4, but
better to be consistent, I think.)

Patch 4 adds enum support to btree_gist

Patch 5 adds enum support to btree_gin

cheers